Spring 2013

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Finished our Homestudy and I married a good man!

Well yesterday we finished our home study. Basically what this means is a lady from our adoption agency comes to see our house and talk to us. I spent ALL day cleaning everything from the baseboards to the inside of our fridge - needless to say she wasn't too worried about all that. I mean it was nice that our house was clean - but she spent her time interviewing us both about ourselves, our families, our marriage, our interests. There were some tough questions for sure but through all of this I am learning so much about myself and so much about the amazing man I married. I think its common in a lot of adoptions for the man to have a tougher time coming to grips with certain decisions. Justin has really amazed me with how much he has opened his heart to our decision we are making together. He is a much more private person than I - so when she interviewed us both together I did a lot of the talking - but when she interviewed him alone he answered some tough questions about being a dad one day and a husband so well - I could hear him through the wall in our bedroom (and those of you that know me well know I was NOT trying to listen ha!)! I am very proud to be his wife! He is an honest man - with Justin what you see IS what you get - at times I don't like this haha - but I am realizing this is an amzing quality and I truly do appreciate him and his heart so much! He is going to be an amazing dad and I can not wait till the day I hear a little boy or girl call him daddy! He was raised in a wonderful family by a mom and dad who loved each other and were always there for him - and I really admire how much he respects them!! They say going through an adoption can be a tough time on a marriage but I am really starting to see this may be one of the greatest times of our marriage - I am seeing a whole different side of him at times - last night he said to our friends and I "Nobody and I mean nobody will ever love this baby the way I am going to - nobody" and this is so true - he's an amazing man with an amazing heart and a lot of love to give and our baby is going to be SO lucky to have him as a father. I see the way he is with high school kids that he genuinely loves and he would take in ANY day if they needed him, I see the way he is with our nieces and nephew and our friends kids we are close to, I see the way he is with our dog (ohhhh he is so crazy about this dog!) and I know I married a man that was meant to be a daddy!
I really don't think there is anything that will bring me more joy than seeing him with our child.  Okay, I'm gushing too much - let me go walk around the house and pick up his shoes that are sitting in the living room I am sure so I can find something to gripe at him about haha - just kidding!  Thank you so much friends and family for your support - I don't write on here all the time but when special things come up I will be posting and I certainly will be if we get any news that we have been chosen by a birthparent - till then please keep us in your prayers and I know God already has a special child chosen to be ours - till then I will just pray for patience for us and keep my FAITH in HIM!

On an exciting note our Panthers won Friday night - just another reason to be thankful! Its gonna be a great season I believe for SO many reasons!!! So I'll leave you with this adorable picture I just love ..... these are the absolute cutest Panther fans (all the coaches kids and one little coaches niece (our Abby) took a picture for a real estate agents ad in the panther program) .....  I just love this picture -GO PANTHERS!





5 comments:

  1. Heather,

    When I read your post I had two prevailing emotions. First, pride in knowing how special you two are and how blessed my family has been for many years to be able to call you both friend! Second, joy for which I have no doubt you will experience when you hold that child for the first time.

    Being a parent is a priviledge, not a right. God knows your hearts and that you will cherish the trust which will be placed in you the day that blessed child is delivered into your care. Not only will you be blessed but that child will never realize what life is like not to be adored, wanted, and truly loved.

    I will continue to pray for patience for you both. We have been extremely priviledged to know you both and have you as part of our lives for more years than I care to admit. We can't wait to meet this child who God loves so much he will make sure they have the best family on the planet!

    Much love,

    Cindy and Clay

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay Cindy - now you are going to make me cry! thank you for your sweet, encouraging and oh so wise words! you KNOW how much we love you and Clay and your boys! its wonderful having friends like yall that have known us and our families for SO long! thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful example you and Clay set as parents that love their children and are always there for them - yall are SUCH special people and I admire your love for each other and your kids very much! we love you Mama Cindy and can't wait to share some good news with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no doubt that the 2 of you will make fantastic parents and Lucy will make a great protector. And it is only a matter of time before someone chooses the 3 of you for such an important gift. I have watched the 2 of you grow in your relationship and in your wisdom. I cannot wait to add another great niece or nephew to the truly special people in my life.
    I Love the 3 of you so very much. Before long, it will be the 4 of you. :)
    Aunt Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on our blog! Inheritance is such an amazing agency. You will be so thankful for them when they are with you every step of the way! I can't wait to watch your story unfold. I will be praying for y'all as you wait! You'd better start on that nursery, because you never know how soon a birth mom will choose you! I am so glad you got to meet our birth mom at your training. She is such a huge blessing to us. Please email me if you have any questions; adoption is such a new thing and with it come a lot of fears and practical questions too! corlista@aol.com
    Corrie:)
    PS- We used to have a blue background on our blog too. We changed it as soon as we got matched! I can't wait to see a baby background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha Corrie - thats funny - I put a blue background because my husband coaches high school football/baseball and those are our school colors and so I am just kind of attached to Midlothian Panther blue lol - but if we got placed with a girl i would pink it up for sure :) - thank you for your prayers and your sweet words and I will email you - I have gotten to know another family who adopted from Inheritance too and it has been an amazing blessing to get to read about yalls wonderful stories! i will save your email and I'm quite sure I'll have questions ;) thank you for your prayers! I would love nothing more than have a nursery in our house but so scared to get ahead of myself ;)!

    aunt tammy - thank you for your words, your love, your guidance - we love you too and we can't wait to give you another great niece or nephew - we would be overjoyed with either!! our child will be so blessed to have our amazing families in his or her life forever- we love you and we are so thrilled everyone is as excited about this as we are!

    ReplyDelete