Spring 2013

Saturday, January 8, 2011

And now we wait......

 I am  not real good at updating this blog, well not right now at least because there isn't too much to report on our adoption.  But we have had a lot of people asking if we have any news/updates.  No news isn't bad news though.....  The way our adoption works is the birth mother picks us and for now a few people have come into the agency that match up with us - a couple people have looked at our profile book but they have chosen to raise their babies.  This process is so very hard because we are praying for our baby yet at the same time I find myself praying for the birthmom and all the emotions and feelings and heartache she may be going through right now.  There will never be anyone I respect more I don't think than our birthmom.....  The fact that someone will entrust us with their baby and love their baby enough to let us adopt them is such an extraordinary gift.  I have already developed a special, unexplainable bond with this woman I've never met and we pray for her daily!  When you go through adoption we have quickly learned you have to have HOPE and FAITH - without our FAITH in God I really don't see how we could do this.  We have a very strong FAITH that God has a precious baby picked out for us and we have to wait for HIS timing, not ours.  It is hard, every day it is on our mind but till then we go on with our lives and we we await that great day we get a phone call saying someone has chosen us for this most special gift!  As far as our lives, we had a wonderful Christmas!! We got to spend time with all of our families and loved it!! -especially our nieces and nephew!

We are very excited about the new year and all it holds!!! We had a great 2010.....  


   Celebrated 5 exciting, fun, crazy, wonderful years of marriage!

Bought our wonderful new home in a great neighborhood for raising babies!


Relaxed on the beach in Florida!!


became an aunt/uncle to our 1st nephew (and then our 2nd was born just last week - 1st big event of '11)

    
experienced an AWESOME football season with a great group of new coaches and friends!!!


 and made our commitment to adopt our baby....  big year, lots of decisions made, lots of fun had and now we can't wait for all 2011 has in store for us!  Baseball is right around the corner and Coach Blackwell is already fired up! We are planning a summer vacation with friends and I am trying to work a lot right now so that when our baby arrives Mama won't have to be flying very much at all.  Thanks for the prayers, we can always use them and the support - this is an emotional roller coaster we are on but we know it will be well worth it!!!  To our friends and family who read this....  hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and wishing you ALL the best in the new year!

6 comments:

  1. Heather, I am praying for you guys. You and Justin will be AMAZING parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried after reading your update. I hope that you are blessed with a baby very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you friend! Praying for you "in the waiting". Praying for peace, rest, joy and assurance in God's perfect plan. He is using you to tell a sweet story and you are encouraging so many by telling it with grace. You are a precious blessing!
    Love,
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. You do not know me but as i sit here in a position to give my unborn child up for adoption, i came across your blog. You seem like great people! I am currently 13 weeks pregnant, and have 3 children of my own. I am originally from California. I am a LVN right now, continuing my education toneventually become a nurse practitioner. My pregnancy was unplanned and unexpected as i was on birth control. I love children, but believe that a 4th child may be too much. I already have 2 boys who are 7 and 6 and a beautiful princess who is 4. coming to the decision of adoption was not an easy one, but it was better than abortion, i know God has a plan for my child, and he knew my child prior to being in my womb. Why divert his plan of this child's life? I love that you both love sports. That is important to me. The baby's father played college football, so i know its important to him too. He is aware of the decision and agrees with it as far as i know. I hope that one day we can meet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maranda...wow sorry I am just now seeing this.... if you would like to contact me please email me at heatherbwell@yahoo.com or contact our adoption agency.... the decision you are contemplating must be so hard. I truly can't imagine what you are going through. But you obviously are an amazingly unselfish woman to put your babies needs ahead of your own! I will pray for you and would love to meet you too. Very best wishes to you and again feel free to contact our agency Inheritance Adoptions.... there are lots of people who would wrap there arms around you and we would VERY much like to meet you. God bless you and your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. again Maranda IF you do read this please don't hesitate to contact InheritanceAdoptions.org - and thank YOU for being so open to write this and express your feelings. Our adoption agency is SO wonderful and would be glad to discuss things with you! Praying for YOU every day!

    ReplyDelete